Upgrading cpan modules seems to have broken something relating to Imager

From: mark hardwick (
19835@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 08 May 2012 - 12:23:30 GMT

    Hi
    I upgraded the cpan modules on my development system to the latest version. I figured it was about time.
    All is working fine, except that when I try to process images with imager, I'm getting the following error in my logs
    (which I didn't get before).

    I having real trouble trying to work out exactly what is failing and why. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

    Relevant log entries:
    Falling back to DynaLoader (Imager API version incorrect loaded 4 vs expected 3 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2/XSLoader.pm line 95.
    )
    YMGN process died: format 'png' not supported - formats bmp, ico, pnm, raw, sgi, tga available for reading - Imager API version incorrect loaded 4 vs expected 3 at /usr/lib/perl5/Imager/File/PNG.pm line 16.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/Imager/File/PNG.pm line 18. at /home/ymogen/src/YMGN/trunk/lib/YMGN/C/File.pm line 120.

    NB. png files have worked fine for years now, line 120 of File.pm contains the code;
    my $img = Imager->new();

    Cheers
    Mark

    Attachments: