Re: Reading multi-image PPM files

From: Tony Cook (
19434@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 23:04:16 GMT

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 02:41:16PM -0400, Philip Gwyn wrote:
> In the example I have, a multi-image PPM is just multiple PPM files
> concatinated. The patch, however, allows whitespace between images. I don't
> have the time to dig into ImageMagick to see how they do it.

The multi-image formats are documented in man ppm, man pgm, man pbm.

Some differences from what your code accepts:

- the file should be homogenous - only ppm or only pgm or only pbm,
  but accepting more is ok.

- only the binary forms (P4-P6, no P1-P3) for multiple image files

- no padding

I'll look at incorporating your patch tonight.

Tony