Reading multi-image PPM files

From: Philip Gwyn (
19401@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 18:41:16 GMT

    Hello,

    Here is a patch that allows Imager to read multi-image PPM files. These files
    can be generated by GhostPCL (which is where I ran into them). ImageMagick can
    read them fine.

    In the example I have, a multi-image PPM is just multiple PPM files
    concatinated. The patch, however, allows whitespace between images. I don't
    have the time to dig into ImageMagick to see how they do it.

    I would also like to do multiple write, but don't have the time right now.

    The file testimg/multiple.ppm was created with :

    cat testimg/simple.pbm testimg/penguin-base.ppm testimg/pgm.pgm \
    >testimg/multiple.ppm

    -Philip

    Attachments:
     + http://www.molar.is/en/lists/imager-devel/25/7f/4c21070b/01.Philip_Gwyn-Imager-read_multi_ppm.patch