Re: includes and libraries

From: Tony Cook (
18804@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 04 Apr 2008 - 23:29:42 GMT

    On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 03:41:15PM -0400, Wayne Collins wrote:
    > OUTPUT:
    > ifs
    > No font drivers enabled that can support this file, rebuild Imager with
    > any of ft2 (FreeType 2.x), tt (FreeType 1.x) to use this font file at
    > ./font.pl line 11.
    >

    > So I am trying to rebuild Imager (version 0.62), when I run 'perl
    > Makefile.PL' I get the following output...
    > freetype2: includes not found - libraries not found
    > freetype2: not available
    ..
    > The only font I need for my application is the True Type fonts. I guess
    > there are several angles to this.
    >
    > 1. If I have the fonts already on my machine, what are they called so I
    > can put the paths in IM_INCPATH and IM_LIBPATH?
    > 2. If I need to get them, what are they called and where do I get them?
    >
    > System:
    > uname output
    > Linux 2.6.9-023stab044.11-enterprise #1 SMP Sun Sep 30 12:15:39 MSD 2007
    > i686 i386 GNU/Linux

    The problem isn't that you're missing fonts, but that you're missing
    the libraries Imager needs to work with them.

    You need to install Freetype 2 (packaged on Debian as libfreetype6)
    and the Freetype 2 development includes and libraries (packaged on
    Debian as libfreetype6-devel). Or you install it from source.