includes and libraries

From: Wayne Collins (
18728@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 04 Apr 2008 - 19:41:15 GMT

    F-Prot AVES: Bréfi breytt.
    | Almennar forvarnir Öryggisnets.
    | Skýrsla: https://aves.frisk.is/m?i=gcMHjOwE8TB7w98z2,18767@xyz.molar.is-rvk

    This script produces the output below...

    #!/bin/sh
    echo AVES.62
    exit
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Imager;

    my @pri;
    @pri = Imager::Font->priorities();
    foreach(@pri){
        print "$_\n";
    }
    my $font = Imager::Font->new(file =>
    '/home/wcollins/map/data/Arial_Bold.ttf') or die Imager->errstr;

    OUTPUT:
    ifs
    No font drivers enabled that can support this file, rebuild Imager with
    any of ft2 (FreeType 2.x), tt (FreeType 1.x) to use this font file at
    ./font.pl line 11.

    So I am trying to rebuild Imager (version 0.62), when I run 'perl
    Makefile.PL' I get the following output...

      /usr/include/gdbm doesnt exist or is unaccessible - removed.

    done.
           gif: includes found - libraries found
         ungif: includes found - libraries found
          jpeg: includes found - libraries found
           png: configured via `pkg-config libpng ...`
          tiff: includes found - libraries found
     freetype2: includes not found - libraries not found
     freetype2: not available
      T1-fonts: includes not found - libraries not found
      TT-fonts: includes not found - libraries not found
           w32: includes not found - libraries not found
    ungif and gif can not coexist - removing ungif support
    EXIF support enabled
    Writing Makefile for Imager::CountColor
    Writing Makefile for Imager::Filter::DynTest
    Writing Makefile for Imager::Filter::Flines
    Writing Makefile for Imager::File::ICO
    Writing Makefile for Imager::Filter::Mandelbrot
    Writing Makefile for Imager::File::SGI
    Writing Makefile for Imager::plugins
    Writing Makefile for Imager

    The only font I need for my application is the True Type fonts. I guess
    there are several angles to this.

    1. If I have the fonts already on my machine, what are they called so I
    can put the paths in IM_INCPATH and IM_LIBPATH?
    2. If I need to get them, what are they called and where do I get them?

    System:
    uname output
    Linux 2.6.9-023stab044.11-enterprise #1 SMP Sun Sep 30 12:15:39 MSD 2007
    i686 i386 GNU/Linux

    Thank you for your time. - Wayne Collins.