Re: Bundling Imager with PAR/pp

From: Dean Arnold (
18686@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 19:33:17 GMT

Tony Cook wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:07:58AM -0800, Dean Arnold wrote:
>> (I know I saw something posted on this somewhere, but can't
>> seem to find it anymore...)
>>
>> I'm trying to build a Windows .exe of a utility based on
>> Imager. I need to include the GIF library in the bundle;
>> does anyone know the secret sauce to pull in the required
>> libraries ?
>
> Build giflib as a static library, and link Imager to that instead of
> to the DLL. If you're already linking to a .lib you might be linking
> to an import library.
>
> The linker should link to the static library if it sees that in the
> library search path and doesn't see the DLL/import library.
>
> Tony

Thnx for the info. Turns out its even easier than that: the PPD
on the Imager site appears to be built w/ static libs ? Cuz
when I use it for the pp build, and run the .exe on a virgin
system, it works fine. And saves the hassle of rebuilding.

But the info is definitely useful, in case I need to build for
Linux/OSX/et al.

Dean Arnold