accessing 16 bit data in TIFF files

From: Kim Ryan (
16481@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 09 Mar 2007 - 06:41:07 GMT

Is there any way to read the full 16 bit value for a channel in a TIFF
file. I have tried methods were I set bit precision to 16, but my data
always comes back as 8 bit values. Happy to try using packed bits if
that is the best way. I assume the following snippet from the doco means
I cannot get the full value

Thanks,

Kim

------

Imager should be able to read any TIFF image you supply. Paletted TIFF
images are read as paletted Imager images, since paletted TIFF images
have 16-bits/sample (48-bits/color) this means the bottom 8-bits are
lost, but this shouldn't be a big deal. Currently all direct color
images are read at 8-bits/sample.