GIF support under Win32....

From: Steve Loughran (
16395@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 25 Sep 2006 - 11:24:02 GMT

Hi all

I`ve been looking for animated/multi-page GIF support for perl for a
while, and thought I had found the solution with Imager. On closer
inspection, the Win32 support for non-native file formats depends on
external librarys and code that looks like a real nightmare to get
working on a non-*nix system.

I`m not a C programmer at all ("hello world" is about my limit :), so I
was wondering if anyone here has managed to get the external library
support for giflib or libungif, and if so, are there any pointers/tips
to help others do the same?

Many thanks for your help.

Steve