CPAN Upload: T/TO/TONYC/Imager-0.54.tar.gz

From: Tony Cook (
16267@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 14 Sep 2006 - 07:59:48 GMT

    This is primarily a feature release:

    - a new qtype value 'mixing' has been added to the scale() method.
      This is faster than 'normal', slower than 'preview'. This is based on
      the method used by pnmscale, and seems to produce less blurry results
      than normal.

    - the rubthrough() method can now render onto images with an alpha
      channel.

    - the read_multi() method now falls back to calling doing a single
      image read via the read() method and write_multi() will now fall
      back to calling write() if a single image is supplied. This means
      you can simply call the read_multi() or write_multi() functions
      without having to check if the type is formatted by that method.

    - the GIF loop extension can now be written. If you don't have
      libungif/giflib 4.1.4 (or some distribution's bugfixed equivalent)
      you should upgrade.

    - getscanline() and setscanline() can now read/write palette index
      based data from/to the image for paletted images, by setting type to

    - we no longer hassle you to disable GIF support

    - minor documentation fixes

    I'm sending this just as I uploaded the new distribution, so it will
    take a day or so for you local mirrors to update.

    Tony

    ----- Forwarded message from PAUSE <16308@xyz.molar.is> -----