Imager 0.50 released

From: Tony Cook (
15608@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 29 Mar 2006 - 01:22:34 GMT

Hi,

It's been a while since I did a release annoucement here.

Today I uploaded Imager 0.50 to CPAN, released primarily to fix a
segmentation fault that can occur when attempting to write a 2 or 4
channel image to an in-memory JPEG or a 2-channel image to an
in-memory TGA. For example:

  my $im = Imager->new(xsize=>1, ysize=>1, channels=>4);
  my $data;
  $im->write(data=>\$data, type=>'jpeg'); # should fail but not seg fault.

This problem has been present since 0.41 or so.

The changes in 0.49 were also bugfixes.

For the next feature release I'm adding support for Windows Icon files
(.ico), and the hooks to allow file format modules to hook into the
read/write methods.

Tony