Re: Can't locate loadable object for module Imager - OS X 10.4

From: Tony Cook (
14716@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 11 Aug 2005 - 23:57:18 GMT

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:53:40PM -0400, Niki Schultz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get Imager to work on my OS X 10.4 machine, but
> I have had no luck so far. I am trying to use Imager as part of
> Simpleviewer (http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/), and
> I am using the Perl script from their site (see http://
> www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/auto_instruct.html).
>
> The error message I keep getting is:
> Can't locate loadable object for module Imager in @INC (@INC
>
> What could this be caused by? I have read that this may be caused by
> a missing or misplaced .so file, but I could not fine more details
> anywhere (and I could not find that file anywhere on my system or in
> the original Imager distribution).
> By the way, I downloaded and built Imager (0.45) through the CPAN
> shell (install Imager), and everything worked and tested OK.

Try running the install again and check that the .bundle file is
installed:

[fool:imager/maint/Imager] tony% sudo make install
Password:
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Installing /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Imager/Imager.bundle
Files found in blib/arch: installing files in blib/lib into architecture dependent library tree

This will probably go in a different directory on a 10.4 system.

Once you've done that try loading Imager at the command-line:

  perl -MImager -e0

If that works then the Imager loadable object file is installed
correctly, if the build script can't install it, then maybe it's using
the wrong perl or something, though it appears to be looking in the
right places.

Tony