Re: 16 bit tiff images not detected properly

From: Tony Cook (
14521@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 03 Aug 2005 - 04:49:03 GMT

    On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 06:34:58PM -0700, Alex Teslik wrote:
    > Thanks Tony,
    >
    > > It would be simple to set image tags based on the image metadata, so
    > > you could get the image information you needed, but Imager would still
    > > be loading the image at 8 bits/sample.
    >
    > I only need the image information (specifically the bits info), so as long as
    > the image info was correct I don't mind that the image was loading internally
    > at 8bits. If you have another moment could you briefly push me in the
    > direction to accomplish that?

    You might find that Image::Info is a better fit to your needs, if you
    don't need the image data.

    I've patched Imager here for the next release, adding the
    tiff_bitspersample and tiff_photometric tags, patch attached.

    > P.S.- related, is there any work being done on reporting a photoshop image's
    > metadata as well?

    Not in the short term.

    Unfortunately Image::Info doesn't PSD files.

    Image::Magick supports PSD files, but doesn't appear to expose the
    bits per sample.

    Tony

    Attachments:
     + http://www.molar.is/en/lists/imager-devel/2005-08/f04d4a5b/01.tiff_tags.diff