Re: next Imager release

From: Tony Cook (
13439@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 10 Dec 2004 - 01:02:34 GMT

    On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 12:11:48AM +0100, Slaven Rezic wrote:
    > After making some changes to Makefile.PL (see attached patch), Imager
    > compiles and "make test" runs ok on FreeBSD 4.9 with perl 5.8.0.
    >
    > The changes are necessary, because the standard FreeBSD port installs
    > the freetype2 includes to /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype.
    > Moreover, if freetype1 is also installed (in
    > /usr/local/include/freetype1/freetype), then compiling font.c fails. I
    > made a workaround by excluding the TT-Fonts library if freetype2 was
    > found.

    The problem I have with excluding freetype1 when freetype2 is installed
    is that it works elsewhere (including Debian).

    Can anyone provide (or point to) a shell where I can experiment to try
    and make this work without excluding freetype1?

    Otherwise I'd probably just exclude freetype1 when freetype2 is found
    only on FreeBSD.