Re: next Imager release

From: Slaven Rezic (
13362@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 09 Dec 2004 - 23:11:48 GMT

    Tony Cook <13321@xyz.molar.is> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > A release candidate for Imager 0.44 has been uploaded to CPAN as a
    > developer release (ie. with _ in the version number.)
    >
    > I would appreciate it if anyone who could ran the tests and then
    > reported success or failure to me (or failures to 13397@xyz.molar.is).
    >
    > Most of the changes since 0.43 have been bug fixes, including:
    >
    > - tiff.c now compiles with recent tifflib
    > - pnm and bmp file readers have had several bugs fixed
    > - some integer overflows are now detected and handled appropriately
    > - crop() is now sane
    >
    > and many other minor bug fixes. You can see a complete list of changes
    > at:
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/src/TONYC/Imager-0.43_03/Changes
    >
    > (0.43_01 and _02 were dists I made for local testing.)
    >
    > If you have the CPAN shell configured, testing the new release is as
    > simple as:
    >
    > perl -MCPAN -eshell
    > test T/TO/TONYC/Imager-0.43_03.tar.gz

    After making some changes to Makefile.PL (see attached patch), Imager
    compiles and "make test" runs ok on FreeBSD 4.9 with perl 5.8.0.

    The changes are necessary, because the standard FreeBSD port installs
    the freetype2 includes to /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype.
    Moreover, if freetype1 is also installed (in
    /usr/local/include/freetype1/freetype), then compiling font.c fails. I
    made a workaround by excluding the TT-Fonts library if freetype2 was
    found.

    Regards,
            Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    Berlin Perl Mongers - http://berlin.pm.org

    Attachments: + http://www.molar.is/en/lists/imager-devel/12/51/41b8f452/01.imager.diff