Re: Rubthrough, adding alpha and blending images

From: Tony Cook (
12913@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 04 Nov 2004 - 00:20:03 GMT

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 03:01:34PM +0100, 12954@xyz.molar.is wrote:
> $img->rubthrough(ty=>8, tx=>8, src=>$overlay);

Try adding some error handling to this line, for example:

  $img->rubthrough(ty=>8, tx=>8, src=>$overlay)
    or die $img->errstr;

Other than that I don't see anything wrong with your code.

If your src image doesn't have an alpha channel, you might want to use
the paste() method instead:

  $dest->paste(left=>8, top=>8, img=>$overlay);

If the above doesn't work, please send me the images involves and
complete sample code that demonstrates the missing output and
I'll have a closer look at it.

Tony