Re: Background colour of rotated images

From: Andrew Green (
12069@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004 - 09:09:52 GMT

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:46:30 +1000, Tony Cook wrote:

    > You should be able to do it indirectly using rubthrough()...

    Many thanks for this -- it's a vast improvement.

    However, I'm afraid it still leaves a very faint outline of dark pixels
    on the very edge of the rotated part of the image. Here's a couple of
    URLs by way of demonstration:

      before: http://guineapig.article7.co.uk/imager/pencil.jpg
       after: http://guineapig.article7.co.uk/imager/pencil-rotated.jpg

    Is there any way of avoiding this? I did think of adding a little
    padding to the image before rotating it, and then trimming it off after
    the rotation -- but I can't get my head round the calculations for how
    much I'd need to trim off!

    Cheers,
    Andrew.

    --