Re: Imager on Debian GNU/Linux

From: Tony Cook (
11784@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sun 08 Feb 2004 - 23:08:08 GMT

    On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:11:31PM +0100, Guus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Imager using CPAN on my debian box;
    > it's not part of the debian distribution.
    >
    > The install failed (see log below), so I forced the install.
    > Now the thumbnails test script does not attempt to create
    > any thumbnails.

    Some tests were removed from t38ft2font.t just before 0.42 were released,
    and unfortunately the skip count wasn't updated. I've updated it and
    committed it to CVS.

    You can safely ignore this test failure.

    > All I have to do is read images, don't know yet which types.
    >
    > Any hints on how to get this beauty running on my box?

    You need to install the runtime and development libraries for each
    image/font format you want to support.

    JPEG:
      apt-get install libjpeg62-dev libjpeg62

    TIFF:
      apt-get install libtiff3g-dev libtiff3g

    PNG:
      apt-get install libpng-dev libpng3

    GIF:
      apt-get install libungif4-dev libungif4g

    Freetype 2:
      apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libfreetype6

    Freetype 1:
      apt-get install libttf-dev libttf2

    T1Lib:
      apt-get install t1lib-dev t1lib1

    Once you've installed the libraries for the formats you want, run perl
    Makefile.PL again and then make.