Re: Re: Imager functionality

From: Tony Cook (
10037@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 10 Jul 2003 - 23:30:47 GMT

    Please keep it on the mailing list.

    On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:08:07AM -0700, Tom Cresap wrote:
    > Tony,
    >
    > I took your suggestion and then decided to download the Imager tarball
    > from the .41 site. I think the new install went okay. I was able to
    > run the thumb.pl program and it very nicely made me a smaller version of
    > a 2k jpeg image. Then I tried to run the simplelogo1.pl and it didn't
    > seem to produce a file. Does the "write" procedure actually write out a
    > new file to disk? Also will Imager print it's graphics output to the
    > screen as part of an interactive program? Thanks. Tom

    The write() method will write the image to the file in the format
    specified either by the 'type' parameter, or by the extension of the file.

    If Imager encounters an error writing in that format then write()
    will return false, and you can check $img->errstr() for an error
    message.

    You mentioned simplelogo1.pl, but I don't have it, so I can't see if it
    checks the return value from write().

    One possible reason for failure is that your build of Imager doesn't
    include support for that format.

    Run:

      perl -MImager -le 'print for keys %Imager::formats'

    for a list of the file types that Imager supports (some of those are font
    drivers too.)