mod_perl env problem?

From:
07007@xyz.molar.is
Date: Mon 03 Feb 2003 - 18:03:27 GMT

    Hi developers,

    My question is basically, does Imager have any problems working in the
    mod_perl/apache environment? I'm running:

    RH 7.3 linux i586
    apache 1.27 (stable, built from source)
    mod_perl 1.27 (stable, built from source)
    libjpeg 6.x (comes with RH 7.3 install)
    libjpeg-devel 6.x (comes with RH 7.3 linux install)
    DBI, CGI, etc...

    There's nothing unusual about the configuration. The script below, outputs
    this error message:

    (mod_perl environment)
    "unable to read jpeg file..."

    However, when I kick off the script from the command line (perl 5.8.0), I
    get no errors and it seems that everything is okay. Could it be that I
    need to tweak something in my http.conf file? BTW, Imager is a pretty
    nifty module and well documented.

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
     use strict;
     use CGI;
     use DBI;
     use Imager;

    my $img = Imager->new();
    $img->open(file=>$file,type=>'jpeg') or die $img->errstr();

    Thank you. Peace and everlasting life to the Columbia pioneers....

    Dean Chang