Re: Cant read TIFF file: core dump (fwd)

From: Arnar Mar Hrafnkelsson (
04718@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Jan 2002 - 20:39:05 UTC

    This script is ok (except the typo in the $string line). I suspect the
    TIFF file is odd in some way. You can add the line:

    Imager::init(log=>"logfile.txt");

    To have it log lowlevel activity to file, those help in debugging the
    problem. If the resulting log is not huge you can post it to the mailing
    list.

    It would be ideal if you could put the image somewhere on the web and we
    could fetch it from there but you can also send me the tiff file and I
    will put it up (if I don't see what the issue is right away).

    One thing about libtiff is that it can be set up in different ways (with
    or without jpeg compression for example). In addition to that some
    tiff is extremely varied in how it is used - you can even consider it more
    of a general 2d data format than image format.

    In anycase it should never crash and this should be considered a bug (if
    not in Imager then in libtiff).

    - Arnar