Cant read TIFF file: core dump (fwd)

From: Neeraj - Khandelwal (
04679@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Jan 2002 - 19:58:21 UTC

    Hi all,

    I am trying to read a tiff file in my perl script using the Imager's
    read() method:

    ------
    use Imager qw(:handy);
    use strict;
    use vars qw($i $fname $font @bbox $xs $ys $string $d $wx $shadowcolor
    $logocolor $bgcolor);

    $string='(This is not a test');

    $i=Imager->new();
    $i->read(file=>"0401110053.tiff", type=>'tiff') or die $i->errstr; # gets
    type from name

    -----

    This is where the script crashes, giving a segmentation fault. I tried
    attaching the tif file to this mail but the mail was rejected by the list
    server probably due to oversize. The tiff file opens up nicely on
    Windows systems and it does not seem to be corrupted. I am a newbie
    with images and was also wondering if there are different types of tiff
    formats some of which are not suppoted by Imager?

    Any help gratefully appreciated.

    Regards,
    Neeraj.