Re: Installation

From: Tony Cook (
04097@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 08 Dec 2001 - 12:51:35 UTC

    On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Mark McKay wrote:

    > Hi again. Tried the PPM, but it wasn't able to find my JPEG, PNG etc.
    > libraries.

    The libraries are staticly linked into the binary that ppm downloads.

    > I also tried recompiling the source distribution setting the
    > IM_INCLUDE and IM_LIBPATH vars. While Makefile.pl was able to find
    > them, make failed with an error message about a missing seperator.
    > Here's the makefile at the error; the error occured on the 'subdirs ::'
    > line:

    Which build of ActivePerl are you using? The 5.6.0 AS perls needed some
    minor MakeMaker tweaks before I could build on Windows 98. I think the
    earlier 5.6.1 builds had a similar problem, but I'm not sure.

    > # The default clean, realclean and test targets in this Makefile
    > # have automatically been given entries for each subdir.
    >
    > subdirs ::
    > @[
    > cd dynfilt
    > $(MAKE) all $(PASTHRU)
    > cd ..
    > ]

    For example the rule in the Makefile I get for the given target on Win98
    is:

    subdirs ::
            cd dynfilt
            $(MAKE) all $(PASTHRU)