Re: understanding the bounding_box

From: Arnar Mar Hrafnkelsson (
02818@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 31 Jul 2001 - 20:26:22 UTC

    The general way that I think about centering is this:

    Suppose you have an image 300 pixels wide, and the text is 100 pixels wide
    (as you find out with the bounding box).

    Calculate the center of the image, 150 in this case, and subtract from
    that half the width of the text which is 50, resulting in a left edge of
    the text at 100.

    So when you draw the image you tell the font routines to start at 100.
    as a check, you start at 100, and add 100 giving 200. So the text is
    100 pixels from either edge.

    -- Arnar