understanding the bounding_box

From: Michael (
02740@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 31 Jul 2001 - 18:50:22 UTC

    Hi folks;

    I'm writing to see if I understand what the use of the "bounding_box"
    will allow me to do.

    I need to centre the text on an image regardless of font size or number
    of characters in the string.

    I take it then by using the bounding_box I can then determine the size
    of the string in pixels(for example 200 pixels) and then based on this,
    given my image is say 300 pixels I know to start at 50 pixels with my
    x_coord and wind up with the text centered.

    Is this the correct thinking/use for the bounding_box??

    Or am I missing the whole concept of what it is supposed to do?

    --

    best regards -michael