Re: Transparency and Text Rendering

From: Mike Depot (
00853@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 02 May 2001 - 00:30:44 UTC

    Alternately, since you are generating the image dynamically, If you can
    specify the background color that the image will be used against as an input
    parameter to your perl script, then you can set the background of the
    generated image to match the background it will be used against. This would
    eliminate the need for a tranparency and allow you to use a GIF file format.
    Not sure if this applies to your situation, but I figured I'd offer it as a
    possibility.