Re: Transparency and Text Rendering

From: Mike Depot (
00787@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 02 May 2001 - 00:24:07 UTC

    Well I don't have enough experience with the Imager module to help you with
    much with the code, but I can tell you this... You'll need to switch image
    formats or forget about the shadow. GIF format only supports transparency by
    allowing one of the colors in the pallete to be set to transparent. You
    can't implement a blended shadow over a transparent background this way.
    JPEG doesn't support transparency at all. What you need is a format that
    supports an alpha channel. I'd suggest creating a PNG file instead if this
    format is acceptable to your application.