Transparency and Text Rendering

From: Spohn, Albert F. (
00753@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 01 May 2001 - 22:04:53 UTC

    I'm absolutely new to this module, and fairly new to perl as well. I'm
    trying to dynamically generate a gif that is basically a text string that
    will change color based on external criteria. One of the requirements is
    that everything but the letters be transparent. To get started, I've been
    manipulating the code example here:

    http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~addi/perl/Imager/ex_code/ex7/

    I'm hoping that if someone can make the background of the banner in the
    example transparent and show me the code snippet, I can adapt it readily to
    my little project. Any other advice, FAQ's etc are of course more than
    welcome as well.

    Thanks very much in advance,

    Al Spohn

    Al Spohn
    Publishing and Media Technology Services
    Mayo Clinic 507-284-1666