(none)   anomy-list@mailtools.anomy.net

Re: RE: Anomy and Macs

From: Rick Johnson (
59869@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 23 Oct 2002 - 23:51:48 GMT

    The line fine_name_tpl is also used to define where the attachments are
    stored.

    Mine looks like:

     file_name_tpl = /var/quarantine/att-$F-$T.$$

    Which defaults it to /var/quarantine, and renames the extension to something
    time>.<2 random chars>).

    If left undefined, it uses the following (found in Sanitizer.pm):

    /tmp/att-$T-$$$-$F

    ... which means they're stored in /tmp - not a bad place, but tmpwatch on
    some distros will wipe them out if unused for a period of time. Better hope
    it's not important if you forget about it :-)

    At any rate, the directory must exist according to the docs. /tmp is pretty
    safe w/ that assumption.

    HTH,
    -Rick
    Rick Johnson, RHCE - 59869@xyz.molar.is
    Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)