(none)   anomy-list@mailtools.anomy.net

Re: RE: Anomy and Macs

From: Rick Johnson (
59570@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 23 Oct 2002 - 20:31:05 GMT

    On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 13:14, 59659@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > I would never drop a winmail.dat, mdb, or mde file (rather save them); otherwise Adam's lis is great.

    Agreed - Sometimes my "clients" (users) have received "important"
    attachments contained within winmail.dat files. I end up having to
    extract them via the tnef utility. However, I do purge my quarantine
    regularly if they don't contain anything besides text since the text is
    usually duplicated in the text portion of the message. I do, however,
    take the time to educate them so that they can educate their senders. It
    helps to explain that "Outlook Rich Text" isn't readable by other
    clients.

    --
    Rick Johnson, RHCE - 59570@xyz.molar.is
    Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc.