(none)   anomy-list@mailtools.anomy.net

Re: RE: New Virus random names in attachments

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (
56328@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 09 Oct 2002 - 16:29:36 GMT

    On 2002-10-07, 16:04:14 (+1300), 56411@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > Anyway, this time with a new question.
    >
    > Can I zip automatically all the attachments going through Anomy?

    This should actually be easy enough to do - up to a point at any
    rate.

    Instead of an antivirus program "disinfecting" an attachment, you
    would simply invoke a shell script which compresses the file,
    possibly using the Unix "zip" tool which is (as you requested)
    winzip compatible.

    The problem is, there is at the moment no way for the
    scanner/compressor to tell Anomy to change the attachment's file
    name - so the .zip ending would be missing.

    Hmmmmm....! :-)

     56328@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send plenty of email to: 56450@xyz.molar.is