(none)   anomy-list@mailtools.anomy.net

RE: New Virus random names in attachments

From:
55183@xyz.molar.is
Date: Mon 07 Oct 2002 - 03:04:14 GMT

    Hi there.

    Outlook perhaps wont execute that, but, what's the point for the virus
    creator in seding these files if they're harmless?

    This reminds me of a joke, where the virus writer is asking the readers to
    manually detect the files on the HD..

    Anyway, this time with a new question.

    Can I zip automatically all the attachments going through Anomy?

    I reckon as Anomy checks the messages while they're being sent or received,
    with a few more line of code, attachments could be compressed. Any Winzip
    compatible algorithm though.

    This would be great dont you think? To reduce traffic on the fly..

    Regards

    Carlos