(none)   anomy-list@mailtools.anomy.net

Re: why does Anomy remove the body of a plain text message ?

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (
40664@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 17 Apr 2002 - 11:33:45 UTC

    On 2002-04-16, 19:11:44 (-0500), mark david mcCreary wrote:
    > I'm interested in using Anomy to clean up any problems it finds
    > (defang active HTML, rewrite long MIME headers, etc), and remove and
    > save any attachments (into the quaranine directory) in incoming email.
    >
    > Instead it removes the body of the message, as it seems to think the
    > body of the message is an attached file ?

    There is no technical difference between an "attached file" and the "message
    body" - it's just a question of disposition whether an attachment is marked
    as inline or not. The sanitizer, being a security tool, doesn't give
    attachments marked as "inline" any special treatment. :)

    > Using Anomy 1.49. My configuration file is

    [...]
    > file_list_rules = 1
    > file_list_1 = ^[^\.]+$

    What are you trying to do here? You specify a regular expression
    matching all files which don't have a dot in their name, but you don't
    tell the program what to do with those files. You need a line saying
    "file_list_1_policy = <something>"

    If you want text attachments to be left in the message, you need to add
    another ruleset saying so:

        file_list_rules = 2

        file_list_2 = \.txt$
            file_list_2_policy = accept

    Since you are cleaning the HTML, I assume you want to allow HTML
    content to pass through as well, in which case you should do as
    follows, to accept .txt, .htm and .html files:

        file_list_2 = \.(txt|html?)$
            file_list_2_policy = accept

    Otherwise the text/HML parts will simply get saved by your default
    policy:

     40664@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send plenty of email to: 40789@xyz.molar.is